The World Hypertension League is a charitable organization whose purposes include by are not limited to:
- Develop international and national partnerships aimed to prevent and control hypertension.
- Promote healthy public policy to prevent hypertension through the creation of healthy environments.
- Promote exchanges of information on best practices for community programs and prevention and control of hypertension
- Promote exchange of information on best health systems for prevention and control of hypertension.
- Promote exchange of information on best clinical practices for prevention and control of hypertension.
- Utilize pertinent evidence based resources (i.e. Global Burden of Disease Study) to advocate for and promote actions to assess, prevent and control hypertension.
- Promote high quality monitoring of population blood pressure levels, hypertension prevalence, diagnosis, treatment and control to guide efforts to prevent and control hypertension.
- Advocate for research on prevention and control of hypertension.
- Integrate hypertension efforts for prevention and control into broader efforts for prevention and control of non-comunicable diseases.
Click Here to view the ISH Salt Policy Statement
Objectives and Goals
The objectives of the World Hypertension League are to promote the detection, control and prevention of arterial hypertension in populations.
The World Hypertension League is a federation of leagues, societies, and other national bodies devoted to this goal. The thrust of the WHL's action is in liaison with the member organizations, promoting the exchange of information among them, and offering internationally applicable methods and programs for hypertension control. Bringing together and stimulating organizations committed to the control of hypertension is the goal and raison d'etre of the WHL.
Advancement of hypertension prevention and control through joint efforts of all national leagues and societies.